I'm officially distracted...baby comes in the next 2 1/2 weeks. Trevor was 3 days early and Conrad was a week early, so it could be half that time. So "school" hasn't exactly been my focus this week. But to me, this is a real-life lesson I hope the boys learn from. I've been rearranging their room to fit the baby in our two bedroom house somehow and trying to mentally prepare the boys and myself for the big change.
A couple things I have kept up with are Trevor's reading lessons and our advent calendar. Trevor is actually getting the easy readers from the library now and is really fun to listen to when he reads. The question I've been waiting to hear from him now comes almost daily ("Can I read to you, Mommy?"). He has finished 79 lessons.
We skipped the advent calendar last year, which would have only been our second year. We were super busy remodeling the house and didn't have time for a whole lot of fun stuff. We really did enjoy doing the calendar the first year, though, so I didn't want any excuses for this year, plus it's been helping to keep my mind off of you-know-what so the time goes quicker. I think family traditions are so important, so I'm trying to keep it really simple this year so we actually do the activities. A lot of the activities exclude Sean (he's too busy studying), and include learning. Like yesterday we talked about how Santa lives at the North Pole and read some books about the Arctic Circle and tundra.
No comments:
Post a Comment