I thought of something that will help me remember what we're learning so I'm not so disorganized. See, once we're done doing our lessons for the day, I usually put the materials away and forget where I put them or just get busy and forget what we did. I really don't know how other moms don't lose their brains like I do! Anyway, here's part of my solution (look on the wall, not at the silly boys below):
This way I can remember the next day what we did before and it will help me pick up where we left off easier. I strategically put it on the wall by the table so we can talk about the lessons at meals and Sean can help me reinforce the things they've learned by quizzing them about the day's lessons. Brilliant!
I used sticky tack to put up a folder so we can put projects inside. Each day Trevor uses special lined paper to write down what we did so Sean can read it. Then the paper gets tacked to the folder. I really like having Sean involved in our home life even when he can't actually be around, and he likes knowing what we've done all day. I think it worries him a little when I'm so harebrained that I can't remember what we did all day.
We have basic lesson we do each day, which include reading, phonics, and math. That's it. We do those daily, and if there's extra time between chores and after the main subjects, we do things like science or art. Most of our projects come from the extra stuff, so really that's all that gets put on the wall. The material for the main subjects goes to the same spot on a bookcase every day, where there's a fabric drawer for odd things (like math manipulatives) that don't look nice and tidy on the shelf. So each day we go to the shelf and go through each main subject one by one and do a lesson from each. After those are done, we go to the table and do a fun project from an extra subject.

No comments:
Post a Comment