"The great objective of all our work is to build character and increase faith in the lives of those whom we serve."
Elder Spencer W. Kimball, 1948

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

September 2015

We've been up to no good this Fall. Just kidding. Let's see if I can remember some of the things we've done: orchard and petting zoo visit, math room additions (just wait till you see it all! So fun!), harvesting gardens--including Trevor's giant pumpkins, helping Dad get firewood, taking turns with Dad at his new crossbow, watching the blood moon eclipse (if baby Soren came that day, we decided his middle name would be "Superbloodmoon"--I hope he isn't disappointed someday), and I can't remember much else right now. Soren sleeps like a newborn--go figure--and besides feeling goofy, my brain is strained right now. Honestly, because it was my last month being pregnant, we spent a lot of time doing boring academic stuff, which my kids actually love. Weirdos. 

Trevor smashed his pumpkins and gave them to the deer before I could take photos, but I'd say the biggest one was as big as a medium-large beach ball. Which tells you nothing because that's pretty subjective. Maybe 15 inches in diameter? Not as big as we'd hoped, but pretty good for basically forgetting about them halfway through the summer.  

We also had a baby. Well, he was born October 3, so technically not September. The day before was spent butchering a deer Sean shot on the first day of bow season with a weapon he'd only practiced with a few times before. I was impressed. However, I did not enjoy the clean-up.  The next two days were General Conference, and Soren was born smack in the middle of it at home. There was no blood moon. His middle name is Atticus. 

No comments: