"The great objective of all our work is to build character and increase faith in the lives of those whom we serve."
Elder Spencer W. Kimball, 1948

Monday, June 25, 2012

Portfolio

I think I'm going to make a couple of these for Trevor and Conrad soon...



DIY art portfolio case (saw it at http://kristensbloglife.blogspot.com/2010/02/diy-kids-artwork-portfolio.html)

It's just a posterboard folded in half with the sides taped together with duct tape and ribbons attached for handles.  I looked online for some portfolios for the kids, and the ones I found were over $20 each!  I just need a place to put larger projects without them getting mashed.  I have such a hard time throwing away my kids' artwork!  Every time I go to toss something, I think to myself, "It's not great art, but he'll never be 2/5 again!"  Much too sentimental!

Right now, the boys each have a plastic drawer to put their "treasures" in.  They contain anything from paper cranes from Aunt Annie, hand-outs from church, their art projects, and old birthday cards.  When Trevor or Conrad have a special thing they've made and it keeps floating around the house and starting to turn into clutter, I just put it in their treasure drawer and they can take it out whenever they want to play with it.  We just need some portfolios for the larger items!

1 comment:

Katherine Bettilyon said...

That is a great Idea. I have been taking pictures of art before I throw it away. I plan on making a collage one of these days.