"The great objective of all our work is to build character and increase faith in the lives of those whom we serve."
Elder Spencer W. Kimball, 1948

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I just thought of something I wanted to add.  Trevor has amazed me with some of the words he can read by sight.  I thought "sight words" came a lot later in the reading process.  Words he knows by sight (without having to sound them out): duck, cat, dog, a, can, little, is.  I think that's all of them.  I may have missed a few.  I LOVE these words because it makes him so happy when he can just run right over them without spending time on sounding them out.  He's amazing!

1 comment:

Josh and Tiff said...

I remember quite some time ago you saying that you put sight words up around the house for Trevor to learn. I had forgotten about that until lately and I was struggling to get Benson to learn sightwords because he gets frustrated if he can't sound them out. Anyway, I remember you did that, and it is working great for us!